In spite of emergence of such new and advanced technologies as CT and MRI, X-Ray method of examination remains as a leading in diagnostics of many diseases due to its speed and simplicity of performance, without requirement of patient’s special preparation, and also because of being the only screening method of early diagnostics of many diseases. Besides its high information capability and low price, also the wide abundant affordability of this diagnostic method plays an important role for patient.
- X-Ray is the main and leading examination method of thoracic organs, spine, musculoskeletal system.
- X-Ray of thorax allows to diagnose inflammatory, tumorous, fungous, infection and other diseases of lungs and other thoracic organs.
- X-Ray examination of the spine detects traumatic, degenerative – dystrophic (osteochondrosis, spondylosis, spondylarthrosis), inflammatory, tumorous diseases, disorder of static and development anomalies.
- X-Ray examination of different regions of musculoskeletal system is the leading study for detection the traumatic, inflammatory, infection and tumorous diseases and pathology of the bones and joints.
- X-Ray examination of the organs of abdominal cavity and pelvis with contrasting substances allows to determine their form, position, functional condition (tonus, peristaltic).
- X-Ray examination of gastrointestinal tract is performed to diagnose inflammations, ulcers, polyps, diverticula, tumors, intestinal obstruction.
- X-Ray examination of biliary ducts is performed for detection the margins and sizes of gall bladder, sizes and the lumen of extrahepatic bile duct, to discover concrements.
- X-Ray examination of the organs of urinary system (survey radiography, excretory urography) is performed to detect conrements and kidneys function.
- Contrast radiography of uterus and uterine appendages allows to evaluate the condition of uterus, to detect pathologies, as well as to determine fallopian tubes patency.
Modern radio diagnostic equipment Siemens Iconos R 100 with digital attachment allows to ensure a high quality image, a capability of archiving and transfer of examination on digital carriers.
Ruzanna V. Margaryan, Roentgenologist
Ekaterina Y. Isahakyan, MD, Roentgenologist
Valentina A. Harutyunyan, MD, Roentgenologist