General & Laparascopic Surgery N1
The Department of General and Laparoscopic Surgery N1 at "Nairi" Medical center has been functioning since 2004, under the direction of Doctor of Medicine, Professor Andranik Adamyan. Here we administer a high-quality medical aid during different diseases of the organs of abdominal and thoracic cavities, retroperitoneal space. The Department is highly experienced on urgent and elective surgeries, related to pathologies of abdominal cavity organs and esophagus, and also on the treatment of benign, as well as malignant diseases. Every year in the Department we perform hundreds of different surgical interventions. The Department specialists have gained a big experience on performing different minimum invasive interventions, using high – technology and minimum access methods during various diseases of abdominal cavity organs, esophagus, retroperitoneal space.
Only at the Department of General and Laparoscopic surgery N1, our specialists perform exclusive surgeries such as:
- combined laparoscopic and transanal surgeries on rectum tumors,
- laparoscopic resection of stomach in different modifications during ulcer and oncologic pathology,
- thoracic – laparoscopic surgeries during esophagus tumors with its entire replacement by gastric tube,
- laparoscopic pancreas – duodenal resection during tumorous lesions of head of pancreas, terminal part of choledoch and bile papilla,
- bariatric surgeries,
- transoral diverticulectomy during Canker’s diverticula.
Laparoscopic and minimum invasive surgery is an innovative direction in surgery, and it has a number of advantages in comparison with the traditional surgery. Laparoscopic surgery of abdominal and pelvic organs, without cut and with the usage of the newest technologies, is less traumatic for the patient, has lower risk of bleeding and postsurgical complications, short – time period of hospitalization (1-2 days) and postoperative rehabilitation in combination with excellent cosmetic effect. Laparoscopic surgery is a breakthrough in the surgery field, and in many cases, it has already replaced the traditional surgery. Laparoscopic surgery demands surgeon’s high skills and experience on working with the medical equipment, which is designed to perform this sort of surgical intervention.
Laparoscopic surgery may be performed for the patients of all ages.
At the Department of General and Laparoscopic Surgery N1 we perform the following surgical interventions, by open surgical access as well as by laparoscopic – endoscopic method, depending on indications.
List of Surgical Interventions:
- surgeries related to tumorous lesions of esophagus – thoracic – laparoscopic extirpation of esophagus with its replacement by gastric tube,
- diaphragm hernia, hernia of esophageal opening, achalasia and incompetence of cardia with reflux esophagitis surgeries – are performed in open and laparoscopic methods, including by the usage of reticular prosthesis,
- stomach ulcer and tumorous lesion surgeries, foreign bodies – laparoscopic and open methods of stomach resection in various modifications, including enlarged oncological surgeries with lymphodissection, atypical resections, removal of foreign bodies, application of gastrostoma to supply patients during different diseases, gastrectomy,
- duodenum surgeries during ulcer, complicated by stenosis, bleeding, perforation,
- pancreas surgeries (laparoscopic and open method), performed during pancreatitis, pancreanecrosis, cysts, head, body and tail tumors (distal and proximal resection has to be implemented, including laparoscopic method – exclusive surgery in Armenia that is performed by Professor Adamyan A.I.),
- liver surgeries – resections, laparoscopic removal of hepatic hydatid of all localizations,
- bile ducts surgeries, including reconstructive surgeries – during choledocholithiasis, strictures, tumorous lesions, performed in open method as well as laparoscopic,
- cholecystectomy during cholelithiasis, polyposis of gall bladder, tumorous lesions, performed mostly laparoscopically,
- small intestine surgery – resection with application of manual and device anastomosis in all modifications, removal of intestinal obstruction, removal of foreign bodies and bezoars, excretion and closing by enterostis, adhesiotomy during peritoneal commissures.
- large intestine surgeries, performed by laparoscopic and open methods: hemicolectomy (left-sided and right-sided), abdominal – perineal extirpation of rectum, anterior and lower resection of rectum with anastomosis application (apparatus or manual), removal and closing with colonic stasis, surgeries during diverticulosis and diverticulitis,
- retroperitoneal tumors surgeries, performed by laparoscopic and open method,
- surgeries during spleen diseases – by laparoscopic and open method,
- herniotomy with plasty by mesh prosthesis, during inguinal and inguinoscrotal hernias, umbilical and ventral hernias, including gigantic postsurgical, relapsing and strangulated hernias, complicated by intestinal obstruction, performed by laparoscopic and open method.
- appendectomy during acute and chronic appendicitis, tumors of vermiform,
- we also perform various surgeries during complicated pathologies with adjacent specialists – gynecologists, oncogynecologists, urologists etc., such as laparoscopic nephrectomy, laparoscopic adrenalectomy (removal of affected adrenal gland) etc.,
- laparoscopic treatment and sanation of any aetiology and prevalence peritonitis,
- surgical treatment of abdominal cavity’s inflammatory diseases with formation of infiltration and abscess by laparoscopic and open method,
- surgical treatment of cysts and tumors of abdominal cavity and retroperitoneal space by laparoscopic and open method,
- surgical treatment of colon and rectum’s complicated tumor by laparoscopic and open method (stenosis, obstruction, bleeding, perforation).
Following the tendencies of world surgery development to decrease invasiveness of surgical interventions, the priority in the Department’s work belongs to the sparing and less traumatic methods of surgery. The Surgical Department is equipped with the most modern devices and innovative methods of treatment, which allows to implement vast interventions with minimum risk for the patients’ life, and widens the possibilities of safe surgery. Modernized operation block is a modern operation complex that allows not only to perform the most complicated surgical interventions, but also to conduct videoconferences, real time tele-medical broadcasting, to carry out distant teaching programs in the frames of continuous medical education in Armenia as well as with participation of foreign colleagues.
- The surgical treatment of patients at the Department is carried out according to the world standards and demands, with high index of effectiveness.
- The Department is equipped with full spectrum of modern devices from the leading European companies. Department’s specialists have been trained at the clinics of Europe and the USA.
- Postoperative wards of high comfort are equipped with central oxygen input, system of respiration, blood pressure and heart rate monitoring, ECG, and also with the system of emergency nurse call.