Intensive Care and Resuscitation Service
ICU and Resuscitation Service is a leader in wide volume intensive care therapy performance. It is a resuscitation service of general profile, where the patients who are in critical condition get treatment, which doesn’t depend on diagnosis.
The Service ensures anesthesiologic maintenance of all manipulations, interventions and surgical interventions, intensive therapy and resuscitation guideline of the patients who have been admitted into in-patient clinic in extremely severe condition, consulting aid to the patients with the disorder of organism’s vital functions. The Department admits more than 3 000 patients per year, from which around 25% are patient who have been transferred from other hospitals.
All Departments of our clinic are equipped and accomplished with modern diagnostic, monitoring and therapeutic equipment, which ensures the quality of patient’s treatment who are in critical condition. We ensure intensive therapy of the patients after the vast surgeries, patients with decompensation of somatic diseases, patients with polyorgan insufficiency.
Main targets and tasks:
- guarantee of anesthesia during surgical and small invasive interventions, and also during diagnostic examinations,
- performance of prolonged postsurgical epidural anesthesia,
- prophylaxis of surgical stress,
- dynamic control for the patients of adult and infancy ages in the wards of post-surgical awakening,
- monitoring of main index of hemodynamics and respiration of surgical patients in all stages of surgical treatment and post – surgical period, and also with patient of therapeutic profile,
- prosthesis and correction of vital functions of patients’ organism,
- patients care, including body cleansing of immovable or slow-moving patients, and also prophylaxis of pressure [bed] sore,
- intrahospital transfer of the severe patients with prosthesis functions of respiration organs and cardiovascular system in order to perform diagnostic examinations, surgical interventions and minimal invasive manipulations.
Usage of Contemporary methods of Anesthesia
- general endotracheal multicomponent balanced anesthesia, including pulmonary separate lungs ventilation,
- general i/v anesthesia on independent respiration,
- general anesthesia using laryngeal mask,
- spinal anesthesia,
- epidural anesthesia,
- combined spinal epidural anesthesia,
- combined general epidural anesthesia,
- loco-regional anesthesia,
- out-patient anesthesia during performance of invasive instrumental examinations (gastroduodenoscopy, colonoscopy, hysteroscopy, cystoscopy),
- diagnostic interventions (CT, MRI) are carried out in the condition of medicinal sleep.
In the Department of Anesthesiology there is implemented an artificial ventilation of lungs using anesthetic – respiratory device, and also intravenous and inhalation anesthetics, myorelaxants of the last generation
Department of Anesthesiology – Resuscitation, Intensive Therapy is equipped with necessary devices in order to ensure a patency of complex airways (laryngoscopy, Air – track, laryngeal masks, combi tubes, fiberscope).
In ICU we use modern methods of respiratory support, invasive and invasive lung ventilation, prolonged artificial lung ventilation, transcutaneous dilatational and traditional tracheostomy, sanitation bronchoscopy. We carry out a monitoring of main indexes of hemodynamics and respiration.
We perform necessary diagnostic examinations (Ultrasound examinations, gastroduodenoscopy, colonoscopy, sonography, Echo-CG, Duplex scan of the vessels, X-Ray examination).
We carry out puncture and catheterization of large main (subclavian, jugular or femoral veins), puncture and drainage of pleural cavity; puncture of subdural space.
The Department is equipped with the necessary devices for carrying out a full complex of cardio – pulmonary resuscitation, defibrillation, cardioversion, for installation of temporary pacemaker device.
- device installation for medications long term infusion through central vein, including chemotherapy (Installation of PORT A CATH),
- installation of PORT-device for long term epidural analgesia,
- performance of transcutaneous dilatation tracheostomy in ICU and Resuscitation department using single – step dilation of tracheostoma gap with the help of modified clamp Howard-Kelly.
- out-patient and portative anesthesiology – respiratory devices from Drager Fabius, Drager Savina, Newport,
- non-invasive multifunctional monitors of peripheral hemodynamics and respiration index (Drager, Massimo Radical 7),
- defibrillator – cardioverter, Schiller Defigard 5000,
- mattresses for preventing pressure sores of high-risk level,
- central oxygen, compressed air supply and vacuum – system.
- ITAR Department of "Erebouni" Medical Center, Yerevan Armenia,
- Departement d`Anesthesie-reanimation,
- Hopital Prive Nord Parisien.